Three weeks shy of his 85th birthday, the legendary Arnold Palmer underwent a pacemaker implant surgery on Monday to correct an abnormal heartbeat. The news was announced on his website and Facebook page:
Earlier this month, the seven-time major winner sat out the Greats of Golf Challenge in Minnesota due to a back injury that requires physical therapy.
Palmer is expected to be released from the hospital on Tuesday, and we wish him nothing but a speedy recovery.
Other Hot Links
– Is This the World’s Fastest Electric Golf Cart?
– Tweek in Review: The Week’s Best Tweets
– Did McIlroy Raid Poulter’s Closet For Manchester Appearance?
– The Most Incredible 1,476 Feet in Golf
– Introducing the Golf Ball Bucket Challenge
– The Fringe: Ted Scott’s Bonus From Bubba Watson Is Awesome
– Weekend Recap: Camilo Villegas Victorious Again, Inbee Park Too
– Red Bull Hornussen: Long Drive Contest Meets Home Run Derby