The Seattle Seahawks pride themselves on having the loudest 12th man in the NFL. So they make it a big deal when raising the 12th Man flag before home games.
The coolest man in golf, Fred Couples, received that honor Monday night. The Seattle native and Seahawks season-ticket holder did a fine job, helping rile up the crowd en route to an emphatic 34-7 victory over the visiting New Orleans Saints.
— Champions Tour (@ChampionsTour) December 3, 2013
A fan captured this video of Freddie in action:
In fact, Couples whipped the crowd into such a frenzy that it set a Guinness World Record for crowd noise:
— Seattle Seahawks (@Seahawks) December 3, 2013
Well, to be fair, Michael Bennett had more to do with that than Couples. The defensive lineman’s first-quarter fumble return for a touchdown got the fans pretty excited. So excited that they actually registered as an earthquake. Seriously.
A professor at the nearby University of Washington who doubles as the director of the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network said five different seismic events were recorded during Monday night’s game. The most intense was during Bennett’s touchdown dance.
It’s safe to say Couples never hears that much noise at a golf tournament.
Other Hot Links:
- Greatest Golf Super Bowl Ad Ever
- 9 Most Memorable Golf Commercials
- TaylorMade Releases Ad Featuring Paulina Gretzky
- Tiger Woods Likes Peyton Manning, Broncos in Super Bowl
- Video: Donald Trump Endorses Seahawks’ CB Richard Sherman
- Super Bowl Team’s City With Better Golf: Seattle or Denver?
- Does It Drive: Super Bowl XLVIII Special
- No Respect: Tom Brady, Jason Dufner Can’t Get Any Love