Ever wanted to own a Michael Jordan-signed golf ball? How about a 3.5-foot tall golf-ball-statue-thing signed by Jordan? Yeah, I thought you might.
Up for auction is an authentic, hand-painted Charlotte Hornets golf ball sculpture signed by the owner of the Hornets, Michael Jordan. The sculpture was on display for the public to see at Pinehurst Resort at the U.S. Open this year, and now it can be yours.
It may not be a ball you can use, and I’m not quite sure where you’d put it in your house, but it’s still pretty cool. And 100% of the proceeds benefit the Charlotte Hornets Foundation so feel free to write it off on your taxes next year.
The high bid is currently $2,025.00, and the auction ends on August 21. Head here to place your bid.
We’ll have to wait and see if it sells for more money than Rory McIlroy’s $52,000 Open Championship ball.
Photos: Jordan Brand Golf
Other Hot Links:
– World’s Largest Golf Outing Raises Money for Wounded Warriors
– The Fringe: Tiger Woods Wants to Play, Tom Watson Still Considering
– Trick Shot Tuesday: Juggling Pros & Jungle Gyms
– Most Likely To Make You Laugh: Jimmy Fallon’s Golf Superlatives
– Golf World Mourns the Loss of Comedian Robin Williams
– Phil Mickelson, 8 Others Earn Way Onto U.S. Ryder Cup Team
– Major Mulligan: What If Rory & Caroline Didn’t Break Up?
– Rickie Fowler, Rory McIlroy Promise Each Other More Battles
– Tweek in Review: The Week’s Best Tweets
– PGA Championship Ratings Highest Since 2009
– 11 Best GIFs from the 2014 PGA Championship