After ending the 2013 calendar year with a win at the Australian Masters, Rory McIlroy has already claimed his “first victory of 2014,” getting engaged to girlfriend Caroline Wozniacki.
Related Link: Rory McIlroy & Caroline Wozniacki Relationship Timeline
The obviously elated Northern Irish lad tweeted the announcement earlier today.
— Rory Mcilroy (@McIlroyRory) December 31, 2013
Despite periodically being the fodder for trouble in paradise rumors, it would appear that all is right with Rory and Caroline. The two began dating shortly after Rory claimed his first major victory at the U.S. Open in 2011 and have been seen supporting each other around the globe.
Related Link: Caroline Wozniacki’s Photo Gallery
We will all be very interested to see how this major life change affects the former world No. 1 this next golf season.
Congratulations to the happy couple!
Related Link: Paulina Gretzky: Good for Dustin, Better for Golf
Other Hot Links:
– Dustin Johnson & Paulina Gretzky Are Engaged
– 3 Golfers Who Have Hit The Lottery
– Rory McIlroy Battles Wayne Rooney in Nike Commercial
– Rory McIlroy Tweets #mygirl To Caroline Wozniacki
– The Year of Rory McIlroy in Commercials
– Rory McIlroy Upsets Adam Scott for 1st Win of 2013
– Gary Player: Rory Needs to ‘Find the Right Wife’
– Rory Talks Trash to a Robot
– Video: Tiger, Rory and Ahmad Uncensored at Mission Hills