Donald Trump may be best known for his bank account, lavish resorts and recent interest in golf course renovation. However, what about “Donald Trump – Patriot?”
According to CBS Los Angeles, the California Coastal Commission has requested Trump take down a 70-foot flagpole that supports a massive American flag near the mogul’s Southland Trump National golf course. State officials suggest that Trump has not taken “the proper legal steps to keep the flag flying,” according to the report.
Happy 4th of July! pic.twitter.com/kVStHcgjKQ
— Trump National LA (@TrumpGolfLA) July 4, 2014
What do those proper steps require? For one, the payment of a hefty $10,000 fee for a permit to keep the flag in its current location.
Another factor is the height of the flag pole, which is easily one of the largest in the state. State officials have also requested the pole to be shortened a considerable amount to better comply with zoning codes in the area. Trump has countered the request by reminding officials that the flag has flown in its current state for years.
A city meeting is scheduled for Wednesday at which multiple city residents and state officials are expected to attend to discuss the issue.
Related Link: Video: Donald Trump on the State of Golf
Other Hot Links:
– Back9Network Launches On DIRECTV Sept. 29
– Donald Trump vs. Snails: The Battle Rages On… Slowly
– Donald Trump Finally Gets His Major Championship
– Instagram: Best of Nadia Forde
– 15 Years Later: Jean Van de Velde’s Collapse at Carnoustie
– Phil Mickelson Flops Again
– Is Rory McIlroy Dating A Model?
– Factory Worker Qualifies For The Open With Borrowed Clubs
– The Dufners Had A Better Fourth of July Than You