What do the Birdie Babes, Boston Tee Party, Chi Town Crushers, the Flippin Birdies, Little Rock N’Rollers and Par Tee Down Daytons have in common? They’re teams of eight women each, who are part of the final field at the Executive Women’s Golf Association Cup Finals slated for Dec. 7 at the Troon North Golf Club in Scottsdale, Ariz.
There will be 33 teams traveling to the desert this for their shot at the coveted EWGA Cup. These 264 individuals formed eight-person teams to compete at one of the regional qualifiers to earn their team spot on the final roster. The final field will represent 33 EWGA chapters across the U.S and Canada.
It’s all about the team camaraderie, the fun, the spirit and the outfits. It’s an experience that has caught on within the EWGA golf community of women as a top notch, action-packed golf event – yes with competition, but also with a ton of attitude!
Competitors will play in Four Ball and Singles Match Play, mirroring what people see in professional golf with the popular Ryder Cup, President’s Cup and Solheim Cup formats. The event encourages women of all skill levels to compete, promoting friendly, fun competitive play among its membership.
Now in its fourth year, participation in the EWGA Cup is up 20 percent with more than 700 participants who entered the Cup Finals qualifiers this year, which began in September. For online information regarding the EWGA Cup Final, visit the official website.
More Hot Links:
– The Turn: Charlie Sifford & His Signature Cigars
– The Turn: 2013 ParaLong Drive Champion Jared Brentz
– See Tiger’s New Coach Jump Off High-Dive & Swing In Air
– Tweek In Review: The Week’s Best Tweets
– Odell Beckham Jr. Catches All In Hilarious Memes
– The Fringe: Payday For Stenson & Creamer Goes Barefoot
– Derek Jeter, President Obama Golf at Exclusive Shadow Creek in Las Vegas
– Suzy Whaley Elected First Female Officer in PGA History
– Sunday Drive: 2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
– Tiger Woods Announces Chris Como As New Swing Coach
– Uni-que Perspective: Sports Autographsd