The PGA Championship isn’t just golfers’ last chance of the season to collect a major, it’s also the final opportunity for apparel companies to show off their game. All these eyes won’t be on their stars again until April at Augusta.
Here’s who wore their Thursday best for the first round of the PGA Championship at Valhalla:
Mikko Ilonen, Hugo Boss
Neon green pants are always going to attract some attention, and Ilonen wore them well to open up his PGA Championship. He sure felt good in them, carding a 4-under 67. We would have loved to see him sport fellow Hugo Boss athlete Henrik Stenson’s shirt on top of those slacks, but it’s probably safe not to overdo neon.
John Daly, Loudmouth
It’s not like this is the first time any of us have seen Daly dress like a Jelly Bean, but it never gets old. Hot pink polo, snakeskin belt and PUMA shoes, matched nicely with some argyle pants that Loudmouth calls “Cupcakes.” Because of course.
Charl Schwartzel, Nike
Nike is nearly guaranteed to have a representative on these lists every day, and today it’s Schwartzel. Nothing too flashy here, but a sharp blue Sport Seasonal Polo with the neon yellow stripe on the collar, which works well with the neon Sleek Modern Plaque belt and the back of his mesh cap.
Darren Clarke, Stuburt
We enjoy the Northern Irishman’s bright red slacks, but what make the outfit are clearly the shoes. Those are part of the Darren Clarke Collection designed by Stuburt, a “range of exquisite golf footwear.” Premium full grain leather upper, wood midsole for the traditional classic look and a leather outsole.
Bubba Watson, Oakley
Next on our new wish list for kicks are Watson’s Oakley Carbon Pro 2 Shoes. The red accents go nicely with his red and gray-striped Lyndon Polo.
Related Link: Complete PGA Championship Coverage
More PGA Championship Links:
– Woods, Mickelson Start With Mixed Results at PGA Championship
– 9 Best Golfers Yet to Win a Major
– 2014 PGA Championship’s Hole of the Day: Valhalla’s 7th
– The Fringe: Fowler, Garcia on the Bag & Photobombing at the PGA
– The Breakdown: Who are the Hottest Players in the Majors?
– 9 Best Groups To Watch at 2014 PGA Championship
– Flashback: Y.E. Yang Tames Tiger in 2009 PGA Championship
– Go Time: Tiger Woods Shows Up at Valhalla, Expects to Win
– Golfstradamaus: 96th PGA Championship
– Oh, the Places Golf’s Majors Trophies Have Been
– Photos: PGA Championship Preview
– The Fringe: Rory McIlroy the Next Bond & Horschel’s Latest Pants
– Dufner Serves ‘Butt-Rubbed’ Filet Mignon at PGA Champions Dinner
– Tiger Arrives at Valhalla for PGA Championship
– 5 Things You Need to Know: 2014 PGA Championship at Valhalla
– Chuck Irons, Golf P.I. – Valhalla Victory
– Now More Than Ever, Tiger’s Race to Catch Jack Looking Dim
– Flashback: Sergio Challenges Tiger at 1999 PGA Championship
– 9 Greatest Moments in Valhalla Golf Club History
– Live Updates: 2014 PGA Championship Long-Drive Contest
– ‘Walk-In Putt’ at Valhalla Just One Of Tiger’s Famous 16th-Hole Shots
– The Fringe: Bubba Watson Won’t Drive for Show
– The Fringe: Tiger’s Caddie Carries On & Fowler Turns Some Laps
– 2014 PGA Championship: Rounds 1 & 2 Tee Times and Pairings
– 2014 PGA Championship: adidas & Ashworth Scripting
– PGA Championship 2014: PUMA Golf Scripting
– 2014 PGA Championship: Nike Golf Scripting
– 2014 PGA Championship Scripting for Oakley’s Bubba Watson
– Why the PGA Championship Is Not a Minor Major
– Return to Valhalla: Tiger Woods vs. Bob May 14 Years Later
– The Odds: Rory Remains Huge Favorite at PGA Championship
– Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy Get Custom Louisville Sluggers
– ‘Stay Tuned’: Keegan Bradley Teases Fans With Jordan Shoes
– 2014 PGA Championship: Valhalla Hole-By-Hole
– 2014 PGA Championship Scripting for Jason Dufner
– Greg Norman Collection Featured at PGA Championship, Ryder Cup
– Last Shot: Colin Montgomerie Gets Final Major Chance at Valhalla
– 9 Greatest Moments in PGA Championship History
– The Breakdown: Rickie Fowler’s Majorly Impressive Year
– PGA Championship To Welcome Back Long-Drive Competition
– You Can Influence the PGA Championship’s Outcome
– Players & PGA Championships To Offer $10 Million Purses