In addition to unveiling their new VRS Covert 2.0 golf club series, Nike Golf has also introduced their new Clayton Golf Shoe. From the initial looks of this new shoe, chances are you’ll be dying to own a pair very shortly.
Related Link: Nike Introduces New Covert Line
Nike suggests the Clayton Golf Shoe pays homage to the heritage and history of the game of golf while providing athletes superior comfort, fit and support during their golf round. It combines modern-day technology with a classic aesthetic look and feel golfers of any era would appreciate.
The Clayton Golf Shoe features a handcrafted, waterproof leather upper that includes what Nike calls a “lacing system” that has been moved to inside the upper portion of the shoe. This adds to the overall stability of the shoe, especially during your golf swing. Basically, your foot isn’t going to move around a bunch inside the shoe. That’s a good thing.
The molded rubber outsole – what the company calls Integrated Traction – is a spikeless sole that allows you to wear the Clayton on or off the course. This is a trend I am seeing more and more across multiple companies, which leads me to believe those like Nike want to focus on golf as a lifestyle, not just a sport.
The Nike Lunar Clayton will be available on Jaunary 1, 2014 and retail for $249.00.
Back9’s Holiday Gift Guides:
– Gift Guide: Top 9 Caddyshack Gifts
– Gift Guide: Top 9 Golf Getaways
– Gift Guide: Top 9 Electronics
– Gift Guide: Motorsports Lovers
– Gift Guide: Top 9 Drivers
– Gift Guide: Top 9 Irons
– Gift Guide: Top 9 Wedges
– Gift Guide: Top 9 Putters
– Gift Guide: Fairways and Hybrids
– Gift Guide: Top 9 Beers
– Gift Guide: Top 9 Wines
– Gift Guide: Top 9 Liquors
– Gift Guide: Top 9 Gifts for Video Gamers
– Gift Guide: TrendyGolf’s Accessories
– Gift Guide: Top 9 Funny Golf T-Shirts