Unless you’re one of the experts giving these lessons, you could probably use a little help with your golf game. The weekend is coming and that means it’s time to play some golf! It also means it would be in your best interest to brush up on your game or face the consequences and ridicule from the other members of your foursome.
Fret not, hackers, duffers and less-than-good golfers of the world, Back9Network is here to help. This week’s Performance Friday comes courtesy of PGA professional Andre Panet-Raymond.
Picking the right window
“The golf ball is going to be going through the window on the right, so if we’re looking at the window on the left, then we’ll be swinging to the left, essentially swinging over the top.”
Getting consistent with your fairway woods
“Put the ball into the middle of your stance, it’s going to help …”
How to hit more fairways
“To control direction off the tee, try easing up the swing just a little bit; feel like the club is coming in a little slower than normal.”
The importance of confidence
“There’s a thing called ‘state confidence,’ which is the state of mind you’re in at the moment can [make] you have better posture, better balance and a little more strength.”
Check back every Friday for a new batch of the best golf tips on the web to help you get ready for the weekend. May your drives be straight and your tales be tall.
Performance Friday Archive:
– Performance Friday: PGA Professional Casey Bourque
– Performance Friday: PGA Professional Josh Zander
– Performance Friday: PGA Professional Jeff Symmonds
– Performance Friday: Team Titleist’s Andrew Hall
– Performance Friday: Tips From Team Titleist
– Performance Friday: Callaway Golf Tips
– Performance Friday: PGA Professional Rob Labritz
– Performance Friday: Ignition Golf’s Paul Wilson
– Performance Friday: PGA Professional Derek Hooper