Unless you’re one of the experts giving these lessons, you could probably use a little help with your golf game. The weekend is coming and that means it’s time to play some golf! It also means it would be in your best interest to brush up on your game or face the consequences and ridicule from the other members of your foursome.
Fret not, hackers, duffers and less-than-good golfers of the world, Back9Network is here to help. This week’s Performance Friday comes courtesy of PGA Professional Logan DeCarolis.
Swing Your Club Like a Pendulum
“The only body part you need to swing the putter are your shoulders.”
The Pre-Shot Routine
“The pre-shot routine is one of the most important things in golf, and too many players don’t have one.”
Chipping vs. Pitching
“If you get stuck on your back foot, [your club is] going to do one of two things: It will bounce off the turf and you’re going to skull the ball, or it’ll get caught in the grass and you’ll hit the shot fat.”
How Do I Fix my Slice?
“A slice can be caused by many different things and there’s really no way to get it fixed unless you can see what’s causing it.”
Check back every Friday for a new batch of the best golf tips on the web to help you get ready for the weekend. May your drives be straight and your tales be tall.
Performance Friday Archive:
– Performance Friday: U.S. Open Champions
– Performance Friday: Andre Panet-Raymond
– Performance Friday: PGA Professional Casey Bourque
– Performance Friday: PGA Professional Josh Zander
– Performance Friday: PGA Professional Jeff Symmonds
– Performance Friday: Team Titleist’s Andrew Hall
– Performance Friday: Tips From Team Titleist
– Performance Friday: Callaway Golf Tips
– Performance Friday: PGA Professional Rob Labritz
– Performance Friday: Ignition Golf’s Paul Wilson
– Performance Friday: PGA Professional Derek Hooper