Rory McIlroy has made a change in his driver for this week’s 2014 Ryder Cup matches: the new Nike Vapor Pro.
McIlroy has been toward the top of the list in almost every driving stat this season, routinely bombing 330-yard drives with the greatest of ease by way of the Nike Covert 2.0 driver. However, in what some might consider a surprising move, the Northern Irish superstar has put the latest driver from Nike in his bag this week.
— Nike Golf (@nikegolf) September 26, 2014
“The first thing I noticed when I hit this driver was how hot it was,” McIlroy said in a press statement. “Then, I found that I could really control the flight and work it both ways on the golf course. I saw added ball speed on the monitor and am getting 10-15 yards more distance on the golf course this week.”
Giving this guy an extra 10 or 15 yards with his new Nike Vapor Pro driver could spell bad news for the Unites States Ryder Cup team.
The Vapor Pro driver features three technologies: the FlyBeam reinforced Covert Cavity Back design, a re-engineered Compression Channel and FlexLoft 2. All of these key features achieve Nike Golf’s goal of providing their athletes with superior launch conditions.
The new Nike Vapor Pro driver will be available in a golf store near you starting January 2015.
More Back9 Gear:
– Back9 Gear: Orange Whip
– Back9 Gear: ECCO Golf Shoes
– Back9 Gear: Odyssey Tank Cruiser Putters
– Back9 Gear: Nike Golf Shirts
– Back9 Gear: Bettinardi Putters
– Back9 Gear: Skechers GO GOLF Shoes
– Back9 Gear: Garmin Approach S4 GPS Watch
– Back9 Gear: Titleist SM5 Wedges
– Back9 Gear: Nike VR_S Covert 2.0 Driver
– Back9 Gear: PING i25 Irons
– Back9 Gear: FootJoy Shoes
– Back9 Gear: Nike Golf Shoes
– Back9 Gear: Titleist 913 Drivers
– Back9 Gear: Cobra BiO CELL Drivers
– Back9 Gear: Game Golf
– Back9 Gear: Bridgestone B330 Series Golf Balls
– Back9 Gear: SuperStroke Grips