To become a good ball striker, we must learn to get the club to bottom out after the ball. The line ball striking drill will teach us to deliver a descending blow on the ball and catch the ground afterward.
Here are Swing-U instructor Josh Kelley’s quick tips to use the line ball striking drill
- Draw a line on the ground — foot powder spray works great, but any line on the ground will work
- Set up to the line as if it were your ball
- Take full swings and try to take divots in front of the line
- Use the Gary Player step-through drill if you’re still struggling with hitting the line or behind the line
- Place a ball on the front edge of the line and hit shots
- Repeat until you can consistently hit solid shots