Staying connected and using our body motion to help us swing the golf club are very important fundamentals. Oftentimes amateur golfers struggle with overactive arms.
The towel under the armpits drill will help correct that issue.
- Place one end of the towel under your left armpit and the other end under your right armpit
- Get the feeling of gentle pressure on the towel
- Take half swings with a high lofted club, i.e., pitching wedge
- Use your shoulder and hip rotation to do all the work of hitting the shot
- If you start using too much arms, the towel will fall giving you instant feedback