Most golfers know that they are not allowed to have more than 14 clubs in their golf bag. It’s also important to realize that you are allowed to utilize the 14 clubs however you would like, as long as they’re conforming golf clubs. In theory, you could have 14 drivers or 14 putters in your bag if you wanted.
- A player may use any number of conforming clubs as long as it does not exceed fourteen.
- A player may choose any assortment of clubs as long as they are conforming. (Multiple putters, drivers, Left, Right-handed, etc..)
- Alignment rods are not considered clubs and may be carried in bag
- Match play – At the conclusion of the hole at which the breach is discovered, the state of the match is adjusted by deducting one hole for each hole at which a breach occurred; maximum deduction per round – Two holes.
- Stroke play – Two strokes for each hole at which any breach occurred; maximum penalty per round – Four strokes (two strokes at each of the first two holes at which any breach occurred).