It’s a special day when any amateur golfer tees it up at Bethpage Black on Long Island, N.Y., home of the 2002 U.S. Open (won by Tiger Woods), ’09 U.S. Open (Lucas Glover), ’12 Barclays (Nick Watney), and future home of the 2019 PGA Championship and 2024 Ryder Cup. It ranks No. 8 on Golf Digest‘s list of America’s 100 Greatest Public Courses.
Might the day be even better if you were handed a free TaylorMade SLDR S driver? And you got to meet Sergio Garcia? And you got to tee off with said driver in front of said golf pro – and a small gallery? TaylorMade made this really happen:
OK, so starting your round under the watchful eyes of a few dozen people is not desirable for really any amateur hack. But hey, at least you’re doing so with a brand-new top-of-the-line driver. There are worse things that could happen – like being stuck writing about an event such as this instead of experiencing it firsthand.
Related Link: TaylorMade’s Speed Police Puppets Are Awesome
Other Hot Links:
– Back9Network Launches On DIRECTV Sept. 29
– Video: This Trick Shot Is Nuts!
– Golf Employees in Dubai Can’t Dance, But Sure are ‘Happy’
– Tiger Woods No. 21 Among Forbes’ Most Powerful Celebrities
– Tweek in Review: The Week’s Best Tweets
– The Fringe: Major Test at Congressional & Dufner Close-Up