Stuart Scott passed away Sunday morning after a long battle with cancer. He is remembered by all as a groundbreaking sports anchor and a man who changed how sports are covered on television. The sports world shared in the grief of losing a media icon. The world of golf also shared in the sadness with many of the game’s giants offering thoughts, memories and remembrances.
Scott credited his love of the game to Tiger Woods because of “his passion” and “the way that he plays,” he told Sports Illustrated in a 2014 interview.
“He’s unique and different, and he inspired a lot of my passion,” Scott said. “It’s a sport you can’t master. If you’re an athlete, you can do almost anything, but golf is not like that.”
Woods called him a hero, and was just one of many to remember Scott’s legacy and impact on the world around him.
Stuart wasn’t covering heroes & champions, it was the other way around. Thinking of my friend & his daughters.
— Tiger Woods (@TigerWoods) January 4, 2015
John Buccigross shared this photo of himself and Scott ‘Dufnering’ at the office, saying he “gave Stu 894 golf tips in 18 years working with him.”
— John Buccigross (@Buccigross) January 5, 2015
Scott was well-remembered by all, including a long list of golfers.
My condolences on the passing of @StuartScott. He lived his life with panache, dignity & perseverance. Booyah to you friend. Respect. RIP
— Gary Player (@garyplayer) January 4, 2015
A sad day. RIP Stuart. #BooYah
— David Duval (@david59duval) January 4, 2015
RIP Stuart Scott. You are the first memory I have of watching SportsCenter! Always have been a big fan of yours! You will be missed!
— Billy Horschel (@BillyHo_Golf) January 4, 2015
Sad to hear about Stuart Scott. Lucky enough to chat to him a few times. Classy man. RIP.
— Lee Westwood (@WestwoodLee) January 4, 2015
— Pat Perez (@PatPerezGolf) January 5, 2015
RIP Stuart Scott your flair/persona will never be forgotten. You lit up the TV screen each and every day with your love for sports and life.
— JJ Henry (@jjhenrygolf) January 4, 2015
Huge out pouring for Stuart Scott, he obviously inspired so many around him his attitude towards cancer was courageous. #RIPStuartScott
— Luke Donald (@LukeDonald) January 4, 2015
Lost a great friend today, a great father & an unbelievable anchor! Ur work will last a lifetime! Irreplaceable! God Bless! #Booyah-Heaven
— John Daly (@PGA_JohnDaly) January 4, 2015
Other Hot Links:
– What’s it like to golf with President Obama?
– Sunday Drive: $180K 50th Anniversary Shelby Cobra 427
– Tour Player Lists $1.595 Million Home With Amazing Backyard
– Man Arrested For Drunk Driving Massive Golf Cart On Freeway
– 6-Year-Old Makes Two Holes-In-One In Same Round
– Video: This Is The Most Insane Way To Pull A Loose Tooth
– Nick O’Leary Makes Grandfather Jack Nicklaus Proud In FSU Putting Contest
– Ranking The 9 Best Trick Shots Of 2014
– 9 Best (Worst?) Golf Fails Of 2014
– Creepy NBA Fan Sniffs Sweaty Jersey In Bizarre Video
– Too Much Snow? Have No Fear, ‘Snolf’ Is Here
– Jim Furyk’s Maui Mansion Hits Market At $5.995 Million
– The Clubhouse: Pro Football Hall Of Famer Eric Dickerson