What do you think of when it comes to golf balls? Most of you would say Titleist.
Golf shoes? Footjoy or Nike, most likely.
How about … tractors?
John Deere all the way, baby.
The John Deere Classic, a final tuneup for some Open Championship-bound golfers, starts on Thursday. The tournament is played at TPC Deere Run in Silvis, Ill., a few miles down the road from the John Deere headquarters in the city of Moline.
Did you know the actual name of the company is Deere & Company? Neither did we.
John Deere’s list of products is staggering. Another surprise, John Deere sells more than just the usual array of agricultural and construction equipment.
For example, we had no idea there were John Deere safes. Or John Deere flashlights.
We’ve come to the conclusion that Deere & Company is the Lexus of the tractor world. Here are five reasons why:
1) Just as Lexus models sport all the bells and whistles of a luxury vehicle, there’s not much a John Deere tractor cannot do. With the right product, you can mow your lawn, harvest your crop, excavate an archaeological dig site, and store your valuables.
2) Headquartered in Japan and part of Toyota, Lexus is the best-selling luxury car brand in that country. John Deere is the best-selling brand of tractors in the U.S.
3) Take a spin around the suburbs of any major U.S. city and you’re bound to see all sorts of Lexus models sitting in driveways. Now drive around the Midwest part of the country where the majority of the farms are located. What do you see? John Deere tractors.
4) Luxury. Comfort. Headlights that bend around corners as you turn the steering wheel. Those are tell-tale signs that you’re most likely behind the wheel of a Lexus. If you’re looking for a John Deere, it will stand out because of its green and yellow paint job.
5) Lexus has a motorsports arm that races high-end vehicles on the international scene. As for John Deere, there are lots of people out there that race its ride-on lawnmowers. And participate in tractor-pull competitions.
Other Hot Links:
– Back9Network Launches On DIRECTV Sept. 29
– The Fringe: Despite Issues, McIlroy ‘Would Love’ Playing With G-Mac
– Is Rory McIlroy Dating A Model?
– Golf Pro Saves Man From Sinking Minivan In Water Hazard
– Grin and Bear It: Baylor QB Throws Club At Simulator
– Factory Worker Qualifies For The Open With Borrowed Clubs
– The Breakdown: The Numbers Reveal 2014’s Hottest Golfer
– The Dufners Had A Better Fourth of July Than You