Everyone’s favorite arcade-style golf video game is making a comeback. At the SCEJA Press Conference on Monday, Sony revealed that Hot Shots Golf will be making its return to consoles and launch on PS4. Few details were given during the press conference, but the announcement alone should be enough to get fans excited.
Here’s video of the conference, which includes in-game footage at the 1:35 mark.
According to Joystiq, the game will feature “open world entertainment focusing on golf,” which sounds pretty cool on the surface, at least. Hopefully we’ll get more details about the game at the Tokyo Game Show later this month, however that may not be likely.
Sony has said it won’t release more details until spring, meaning the game’s launch is a long ways away. The franchise’s last title, “Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational” was released in 2013 on PS3 and PS Vita.
Related Link: Top 9 Golf Video Games Of All Time
Other Hot Links:
– Golf Rube Goldberg Machine Produces Must-See Ice Bucket Challenge
– The Fringe: Spieth Looks to McIlroy For Storage Space
– Phil Mickelson, Bubba Watson to Join Rory McIlroy at Broncos’ Game
– Weekend Recap: Chris Kirk Bests McIlroy for FedExCup Lead
– Dominant PGA Tour Season Continues For Georgia Alumni
– Potential Ryder Cup Captain’s Picks Finish Final Auditions
– Tweek in Review: The Week’s Best Tweets
– 5 Things You Need To Know About Russell Henley