In case you were too busy watching Peyton Manning lose to his former team in Indianapolis, here are a few noteworthy items from the weekend that you may have missed.
1) Webb Simpson Wins in Vegas – Former US Open champion Webb Simpson won the Shriners Hospital for Children Open in Las Vegas over the weekend. The victory marked his fourth career victory on Tour and the first time he ever won anything in Las Vegas.
2) Michael Allen Wins Greater Hickory Classic – On the Champions Tour, veteran Michael Allen defeated Olin Browne in a playoff to capture the Greater Hickory Classic in North Carolina. Allen’s victory was his second on the Champion’s Tour.
3) Rory Ain’t Got Time For That – Rory McIlroy is choosing to focus more on his golf game and less on talk about a potential split from girlfriend Caroline Wozniacki. This is a mindblowing realization for McIlroy, since he hasn’t focused on his golf game in over a year.
4) Michael Jordan Is Selling His Home – Auctioning his home actually, which is located in the greater Chicagoland area. The massive mansion was a staple for the NBA legend for years, and we can only imagine what those walls would say if they could talk.
5) Jason Dufner Explains Dufnering – The current PGA Champion explained the “Dufnering” meme to reporters at last week’s PGA Grand Slam of Golf. Rumor has it that Dufner’s voice actually raised a decibel or two while talking, thus marking the most excited he’s ever been in his life.
6) Tim Tebow to St. Louis? – How bad is quarterback Sam Bradford playing this season for the Rams? They’re talking about signing Tim Tebow to replace him. That’s how bad.
7) Favre Likes Aaron Rodgers – Legendary quarterback (just ask him) Brett Favre said his fantasy football QB is former rival Aaron Rodgers. Doesn’t Favre seem like that dude who will never pay his fantasy football debts off in time?
8) Hurricane Raymond is Coming – Tropical storm-turned-hurricane Raymond is bearing down on Mexico according to reports. The country has nothing to worry about, of course, since everybody loves Raymond. Yeah, I went there.
9) Peyton Manning Loses to Colts – Finally, Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning and his team lost for the first time this season to his former squad, the Indianapolis Colts. Andrew Luck could not be reached for comment as he was too busy doing voiceover work for a cartoon character running in slow motion.
Related Link: 7 Golfers With Famous Neighbors