If you thought long-drive competitions were crazy, your mind is going to be blown when you find out what Red Bull Hornussen is.
Sometimes called “farmers’ golf,” Red Bull Hornussen is a twist on an old Swiss sport, essentially combining a home run derby with a long-drive competition.
And yes, it’s awesome. Especially at night.
So this what I got out of the video: These guys swing a stick as hard as possible to hit a puck as far as they can. Sounds simple, but also extremely difficult.
And I still don’t understand how they prevent the whip from wrapping around their necks after swinging.
Now just imagine if they finished their swings like this guy:
And as simple as the sport seems, even Kenny Mayne had a hard time doing it:
Could we see a Red Bull Hornussen competition on the PGA Tour sometime soon? Probably not. But it’d be pretty cool if we did … even if Bubba Watson thought it was dumb.
Other Hot Links
– Performance Friday: PGA Professional B.J. Hathaway
– Donald Trump Disses ‘Soccer Golf,’ But Will Host Soccer Golf Event?
– Brad Lebo is the Tiger Woods of Mini Golf
– The Fringe: Emotional Chesson Hadley Reunites With His Dad
– Jimmy Fallon and the PGA Tour Still Exchanging Jabs
– Tim Tebow Cheats At Mini Golf
– The 2015 Majors: Year In Preview?
– 9 Amazing GoPro Golf Videos That Will Melt Your Brain