If you’ve been to a fashion show lately, or tuned in for the Grammys (same thing?), you’ve likely witnessed the comeback of velvet. And the fabric that’s as smooth as, well, velvet has now entered the golf world.
Check out the suits donned by Team Europe at the Ryder Cup Gala Dinner on Wednesday:
They’re not just velvet. They’re not just plaid. They’re plaid velvet sportcoats! Pretty impressive.
This is just the latest appearance by velvet in pop culture, so it begs the question: Who wore it best? The 2014 European Ryder Cup team or …
LL Cool J?
Tough call, huh?
Complete Ryder Cup Coverage:
– Comeback King: Phil Mickelson Retorts ‘Suck On That’
– Sir Alex Ferguson Called On To Inspire Team Europe
– Phil’s on Fire: Confirms Keegan Pairing, Takes Shot At Team Europe
– Inside The Ropes: Ryder Cup Twitter Roundup
– 5 Things You Need To Know: Ryder Cup At Gleneagles
– Ryder Cup Rookies: Spieth, Reed, Walker Debut For U.S.
– The Odds: Ryder Cup Odds & Props Offer Plenty Of Options
– 3 Things You’ll See At The Ryder Cup This Week
– Ryder Cup Rookies: Dubuisson, Donaldson, Gallacher Debut For Europe
– Best Crowd Moments In Ryder Cup History
– Golf Manufacturers Showcase Ryder Cup-Inspired Gear
– 11 Most Memorable Ryder Cup Moments
– 5 Players Team Europe Needs To Play Well At Ryder Cup
– 5 Players The U.S. Needs To Play Well At Ryder Cup
– Fans Now Encouraged To Use Social Media At Ryder Cup
– Team USA Ryder Cup Posters Will Get You Pumped
– Rory McIlroy on Keegan Bradley & Ian Poulter: ‘They’re Both Nuts’
– ‘Screw You’: Ian Poulter Trash Talks Michael Jordan… In His Head
– One American’s Tribute to Ryder Cup Legend/Nightmare Ian Poulter
– TaylorMade Inks European Ryder Cup Player Jamie Donaldson
– Harrington, Jimenez, Olazabal Named Ryder Cup Vice Captains
– Sergio Garcia Disappointed Luke Donald Not on Ryder Cup Team
– Ralph Lauren Unveils U.S. Ryder Cup Team Uniforms
– Bradley, Mahan, Simpson Named U.S. Ryder Cup Captain’s Picks
– Gallacher, Poulter, Westwood Complete European Ryder Cup Team