Believe it or not, there’s a lot of science involved in a round of golf. From friction to vector directions, the list of physics application goes on. And all of them affect how you play.
This infographic from Quicken Loans explains how a ball stays in the air longer with backspin, the difference between a dimpled and smooth ball, and how much farther you hit it on a hot day.
Science on the Course: The Physics of Golf
An infographic from the team at the Quicken Loans Zing Blog.
Related Link: What’s Inside A Golf Ball: Goose Feathers & More
Other Hot Links:
– Keegan Bradley: We Need Fred Couples As a Captain
– Tournament Hole Of The Week: Reignwood LPGA Classic
– The Fringe: Padraig Won’t Captain in 2016 & Callaway Immortalizes Reed’s ‘Shush’
– Foosball, Motorcycles & Golf Paul Azinger Answers Your Questions
– Former Caddie Loses Scholarship For Running On Football Field
– Off Par: Steele Shaft
– Michelle Wie On Dark Art: I’m Half Happy, Half Very Morbid Person
– The Turn: James Brown Talks Golf and Football
– The Fringe: Chesson Hadley Gets a New Mattress
– 9 Annoying Things Average Golfers Do
– Another Win: Rory McIlroy Named PGA Tour Player Of The Year
– Back9Network Launch Day Studio Hyperlapse Video