Back9Network correspondent Cheyenne Woods Follow @cheyenne_woods
is in Augusta covering and attending her first Masters.
We asked the pro, now in her first full season, 10 questions about her career, goals and personality.
1. How has life as a professional been different than you expected and different than collegiate golf?
It is a lot less time at home than I expected! Playing the Ladies European Tour this year doesn’t leave a lot of time with the family.
The biggest difference between pro golf and collegiate golf for me is the team camaraderie. My teammates and I were really close so I definitely miss having that from college.
2. If you could have chosen any dream job to go after other than pro golfer, what would it be?
If I didn’t play golf I would want to get into TV somehow. I’ve always been interested in the broadcasting field.
3. What’s the one major championship memory you think inspired you more as a golfer than any other?
Hands down, it’s Tiger’s first Masters win. The history behind that win is what’s most inspiring. Seeing him be the first African-American to win at Augusta was really exciting for me to see considering I was just starting to play.
4. If someone had to make a Cheyenne Woods channel on Pandora, which four bands/singers would you put in to build it?
Drake, Wale (listen on Pandora), Aaliyah and Kenny G.
5. What’s your favorite course you’ve ever played?
All of the courses at Bandon Dunes.
6. What’s the one course you haven’t played you want to get on more than any other?
7. What are the next three cities you want to travel to/see? Why?
- Rio de Janeiro: I always like traveling to exotic places, and I’ve always wanted to go to Brazil.
- Madrid: I love Spanish and desperately want to be fluent.
- Athens: The history there is so interesting to me and would be fun to see first-hand.
8. Which actress would you want to play you in the movie story of your life?
9. What charity/cause do you want to be able to support with your career?
One would be ASPCA. I’ve always had a love for animals and I’d want to be apart of helping against cruelty in anyway. The other would be The First Tee. It’s an amazing program that helps introduce golf to kids of all backgrounds. It’s exciting to see kids take an interest in the game and It would be great to have a part in that.
10. What books and magazines are you reading right now?
I’ve been reading “Outliers” on and off for a while. And I love having the latest People or Cosmo magazines especially for traveling.
Follow Cheyenne’s Augusta adventures this week, including: