The Ryder Cup is just a week away, and fans are getting pumped on both sides of the Atlantic. Most show support for their teams in more traditional fashions — you know, with clothes and such — but one group of European fans has taken it to a different level, and I sort of wished they hadn’t.
The Ryder Cup Guardians, as they’re called, created 16 “songs” for the European team. There’s a rendition for every player on the squad as well as one for Captain Paul McGinley.
The singing is, well, unorthodox. And you should probably get a medal if you’re able to listen to all 16. But don’t take my word for it. Here are some of the best — or worst — if you so dare.
I really hope these guys were trying to be less than satisfactory with these. They’re not exactly what I would download and put on my iPod for casual listening.
But who knows, I could be alone on that one.
To hear the rest of the songs, here’s the full playlist.
Complete Ryder Cup Coverage:
– 5 Players The U.S. Ryder Cup Team Needs To Play Well
– Fans Now Encouraged To Use Social Media At Ryder Cup
– Team USA Ryder Cup Posters Will Get You Pumped
– Rory McIlroy on Keegan Bradley & Ian Poulter: ‘They’re Both Nuts’
– ‘Screw You’: Ian Poulter Trash Talks Michael Jordan… In His Head
– One American’s Tribute to Ryder Cup Legend/Nightmare Ian Poulter
– TaylorMade Inks European Ryder Cup Player Jamie Donaldson
– Harrington, Jimenez, Olazabal Named Ryder Cup Vice Captains
– Sergio Garcia Disappointed Luke Donald Not on Ryder Cup Team
– Ralph Lauren Unveils U.S. Ryder Cup Team Uniforms
– Bradley, Mahan, Simpson Named U.S. Ryder Cup Captain’s Picks
– Gallacher, Poulter, Westwood Complete European Ryder Cup Team