At least she wasn’t standing near a jumping cholla cactus.
Bubba Watson’s second shot on the massive par-5 11th hole Thursday at Dove Mountain in the Accenture Match Play Championship hooked way right and rolled right by the feet of Watson’s wife, Angie. The ball initially landed yards away, so it was never in real danger of injuring Angie or the people she was with. But she clearly didn’t see the ball coming in, so her nonchalant reaction was quite impressive.
Bubba, obviously, was not pleased with the shot and probably didn’t want to hear any wisecracks from the wife. But all’s well that ends well. Bubba halved the hole with Jonas Blixt and went on to take the match, 2 up.
Watson, a third seed, faces seventh-seeded Victor Dubuisson in the third round Friday, with the winner taking on Graeme McDowell (4) or Hunter Mahan (8) on Saturday.
Other Hot Links:
– 9 of Charles Barkley’s Most ‘Turrible’ Golf Swings
– What is a Jumping Cholla Cactus? This Golf Fan Now Knows
– Caroline Wozniacki, Rory McIlroy Have Set Wedding Date
– Crazy Ben Crane Drains Over-the-Head Putt
– Photos: 2014 Golf Swimsuit Gallery