This past week at the NW Arkansas Championship hundreds of people turned out to support the Pantene Beautiful Lengths event. The event brings together volunteers who agree to donate 8-inches of their hair to be collected and turned it into wigs for cancer patients. LPGA players Stacey Keating, Tiffany Joh, Megan McChrystal, Jacqui Concolino, Cindy LaCrosse and LPGA senior media coordinator Meghan Flanagan joined women and men of all ages to bravely cut off their locks.
Pantene Beautiful Lengths understands just how important hair is to women. We color, straighten, blow dry and spend way to much money on our hair, but we don’t often realize how lucky we are to have it. For many cancer patients, having to let go of their hair is no easy task. A wig can give these women back their confidence and make them feel like themselves again. As Pantene says, “To us, it’s hair, but to women with cancer, it’s hope.” Stacey Keating agrees, “Hey it’s only hair it grows back!”
We applaud the LPGA and everyone else who took part in this amazing event.
Related Link: Michelle Wie’s Epic NYC Media Tour
Other Hot Links:
– Tiger Woods No. 21 Among Forbes’ Most Powerful Celebrities
– Golf Employees in Dubai Can’t Dance, But Sure are ‘Happy’
– Back9Network Launches On DIRECTV Sept. 29
– Rickie Fowler, Keegan Bradley and the Ice Bucket Challenge
– Ian Poulter Gets ‘Royal’ Treatment at Wimbledon
– Hunter Mahan’s House is a Steal at $9.5 Million
– 9 Things Your Golfer Man Cave Needs
– James Heath Makes an Ace, Wins 2015 BMW i8