Michelle Wie has battled a finger injury all year long. In fact, it was the reason for her withdrawal last week from the LPGA’s final major of the season — the Evian Championship.
Still, despite the injury and bad luck she’s faced during the recovery, Wie was able to capture one final trophy during her trip to France for the Evian Championship.
Wie won the inaugural Rolex Annika Major Award for her collective play at this year’s major championships.
— Michelle Wie (@themichellewie) September 14, 2014
Wie missed the Wegmans LPGA Championship and made it just 13 holes before the injury forced her to withdraw from the Evian. But she did take home her first major championship in June at the U.S. Women’s Open at Pinehurst No. 2.
That victory and her runner-up finish at the Kraft Nabisco Championship earlier in the year put her on top in the award’s points rankings entering play this week.
In the end, it was enough to net her what she considers a very prestigious honor.
Wie beat out fellow competitors Lexi Thompson (Kraft Nabisco champion) and Inbee Park (Wegmans Champion) for the award.
Related Link: Trophy Life With Michelle Wie: Selfies, Beer & Twerking
Other Hot Links:
– Michelle Wie Hits NYC For Epic U.S. Open Media Tour
– Rory McIlroy Makes 55 — 55! — Putts in a Row
– Greg Norman Recovering After Chain Saw Accident
– Hopping Hazard: Golfer Hits Shot Over Sun-Bathing Kangaroo
– Space Ace: Andy Sullivan Wins Prize That’s Out of This World
– 10 Million Reasons Billy Horschel Might Miss The Birth Of His Child
– Are Massages Hindering Jason Day’s Play?
– Rory McIlroy’s Ball Lands In Fan’s Pocket, Still Makes Par
– Rory McIlroy Has Said Meaner Things Right To Tiger Woods’ Face
– Callaway Apex MB, UT Irons Designed For the Better Player