With winning the U.S. Women’s Open come some pretty nice perks: a $720,000 winner’s check to start with, a media tour through New York City, and gifts from your sponsors. To wit, a few weeks ago, Michelle Wie received a new watch from Omega.
But there are few things that speak to Wie like shoes.
And Nike spoke volumes when it sent its star golfer a new custom pair of Air Force 1s commemorating her first major. Stamped on the sides are “U.S. Women’s Open Champion 2014” and “Michelle Wie 68-68-72-70,” highlighting her four winning rounds. The red and blue toe vamps feature the name of the tournament, the course (Pinehurst No. 2), and the date (June 22, 2014):
We’re not sure when Wie will find time to sports these new kicks among the plethora of other pairs she owns. Then again, whether or not they ever make it on her feet and out in public is really irrelevant. You can’t get those dirty, and they look just fine on display.
Regardless, this surely won’t be the last time Wie shows off her incredible Nike collection. Here are some gems from this year alone:
Related Link: Michelle Wie Hits NYC For U.S. Women’s Open Media Tour
Other Hot Links
– The Fringe: Drew Brees To Plan Vasectomy Around Masters
– 9 Best Celebrity Ice Bucket Challenge Videos
– 99-Pack Of Beer Is Real And It Looks Fantastic
– Grip It And Sip It: John Daly Promoting Line Of Beverages
– Supreme Golf Offers Tee Times at Deep Discounts
– 5 Things You Need to Know: Deutsche Bank Championship
– How Corny! Maze To Be Designed After Bubba Watson
– Babe Zaharias Profiled on Comedy Central’s ‘Drunk History’
– Delay of Game: Steve Spurrier’s Wife Interferes With Golf Plans
– 12-Year-Old Makes Hole-In-One, Wins A Prize She Can’t Drive
– Rory McIlroy Breaks Bread With Bubba… Clinton That Is
– Jack Nicklaus & Employees Take Massive Ice Bucket Challenge