Steve Stricker has undoubtedly faced many shots that could be considered nontraditional during his long and successful career.
This one, however, may take the cake.
— Badger Football (@BadgerFootball) October 11, 2014
Stricker took to the top of the University of Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium to hit balls Saturday during the Badgers’ game against Illinois on Saturday as part of a sweepstakes.
Steve Stricker tees off at the top of Camp Randall! @uwbadgers #badgers
Stricker tried to stick a 135-yard shot from the top of the stadium on the “W” at the 50-yard line. If he accomplished the feat, a lucky fan would win two VIP tickets to the 2015 PGA Championship at Whistling Straits.
The PGA Tour star and Wisconsin resident even put in some practice time before the game to make sure he was comfortable from hitting from atop the stadium:
Unfortunately for the fan, Stricker missed his mark but that doesn’t take away from the awesome stunt pulled by Stricker.
Other Hot Links:
– Kicking & Screaming: FootGolf Sweeps The Nation
– Georgia Bound: Back9Network Heads To Oktoberfest
– Backstage Pass: Christian Finnegan
– Geoff Ogilvy To Buy $3.695 Million Home In Scottsdale
– Michael Bolton Says Bill Clinton Is The Best Presidential Golfer
– Candid Camera: When The Range Ball Machine Breaks