Every so often Johnny Miller will say something during his golf coverage or in an interview that makes me want to jump off a cliff. Some of my readers may be in favor of that. Regardless, Miller is full of more hot air than the Goodyear blimp.
That’s why it’s always nice to see Johnny get put in his place, especially when it’s done by none other than Jack Nicklaus.
Back in August 2010, Nicklaus and Miller were paired together in a golf tournament at The Golf Club at Harbor Shores, a Nicklaus-designed golf course that hosts the Senior PGA Championship this week. Miller was faced with a 102-foot putt (obviously after a stellar approach shot), which included a number of bumps and dips leading to the hole. Miller wanted to chip the ball despite being on the putting surface.
Nicklaus took exception to the idea, preferring for Miller to not take a divot out of his putting green. Miller insisted that the putt was impossible otherwise.
Oh, Johnny. Ooooooh, Johnny. Insert foot in mouth.
Photo Gallery: The Legendary Jack Nicklaus
Related Link: Jack Nicklaus: ‘Tiger Can Still Break My Record’
Other Related Links:
– Jack Nicklaus’ First Professional Paycheck Was Shockingly Small
– By the Numbers: Tiger Woods vs. Jack Nicklaus
– Jack Nicklaus Celebrates Florida State’s Title with Grandson
– Shocking Video of Jack Nicklaus’ Grandson’s Motorcycle Crash
– Jack Nicklaus Releases New Line of Golf Balls
– Jack Nicklaus Joins List of Golfers to Ring NYSE Bell
– Jack Nicklaus Talks Rory McIlroy At Wimbledon