The Challenge Belt was the original prize of the Open Championship. Now residing in the Royal & Ancient Clubhouse it has long since been decommissioned after being earned by Young Tom Morris after winning The Open three times.
Chuck Irons, Golf P.I. received a letter claiming the belt on display in the clubhouse was actually a fake. He must make the voyage to Scotland in order to get to the bottom of this mystery.
Back9Network’s private investigator thinks there might be more to this story than meets the eye. If there’s an unsolved mystery in the world of golf, then you can rest assured that Chuck Irons is on the case.
Related Link: 2014 Open Championship Round 1 Tee Times and Pairings
More Open Championship Coverage:
– The Open Championship: Royal Liverpool Hole-By-Hole
– Many Things, Like Ladybugs, Have Filled Claret Jug
– Oh, the Places Golf’s Majors Trophies Have Been
– The Magnificent Seven: Who To Follow at Open Championship
– 9 Best Players Never to Win the Open Championship
– 15 Years Later: Jean Van de Velde’s Collapse at Carnoustie
– Open Championship Flashback: Tiger Woods Storms Hoylake in ’06
– Open Championship 2014: Nike Golf Players Scripting
– Open Championship 2014: Under Armour Scripting
– Drone Captures Incredible Footage of Royal Liverpool
– Factory Worker Qualifies For The Open With Borrowed Clubs
– Daly Can’t Wait to See Tiger at Royal Liverpool