“Grand Theft Auto V” broke all sorts of records when it was released in 2013, and according to Guinness World Records, was the “fastest entertainment property to gross $1 billion.” Put simply, it was the best selling piece of entertainment ever, and now it’s back for more.
The game was re-released on next-gen systems this week, making all of those car chases, explosive acts of mayhem, and rounds of golf look even better — and in first-person, too.
Related Link: History of Golf in Grand Theft Auto
So let’s just say you picked up a copy of the game on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One and have some extra time on your hands. Let’s also say you enjoy playing the golf course mini-game in addition to having a mild masochistic side.
Your evening might look a little something like this (NSFW language):
There is so much win in that video, I don’t even know where to begin.
First of all, anyone who has ever played a round of golf has fantasized about hitting a golf shot into the gut of their opponent (OK, maybe not everybody, but I certainly have and am not ashamed to admit it). Secondly, peeling out in a golf cart just because it’s something you can do is amazing. Finally, jumping a broken cart path bridge – and landing perfectly – is definitely something I need to try right effing now.
But if that video wasn’t enough to satisfy your violent golf-viewing needs, this one should do the trick … just be sure not to show up to the course wearing a pink dress.
The cops will be called.
Once again, thank you, YouTube.
Related Links: Top 9 Golf Video Games of All Time
Other Hot Links:
– Grand Theft Auto Golf Takes Off on Social Media
– History of Golf in Grand Theft Auto
– New Grand Theft Auto Features Golf Mini Game
– ‘The Golf Club’ Video Game Review
– ‘Happy Gilmore’ Reborn As Awesome 80s Video Game
– EA Sports Launches ‘King of the Course’ Mobile Game
– Hit Drives Over Battleships in ‘EA Sports PGA Tour’
– Flappy Golf: Flappy Bird Hits the Links
– To ‘Golfinity’ & Beyond! iPhone Game Has Infinite Holes