There have been reports about Lindsey Vonn being upset that boyfriend Tiger Woods might not fly out to Russia to watch her compete at the 2014 Sochi Games. Now, she needs to be more concerned about whether or not she’ll be in Russia to compete.
The famed Olympic Alpine skier, who hasn’t competed since tearing her ACL and MCL in a February crash at the world championships, crashed again while training at the U.S. Ski Team Speed Center in Copper Mountain, Colo., on Tuesday.
“Lindsey sustained a mild strain to her right knee, a partial tear to her right ACL, minor facial abrasions and scapular contusions from her fall,” publicist Lewis Kay said Wednesday in a statement to the media. “She needs to rest for a few days and then will pursue aggressive physical therapy and will determine the next time she is able to compete after seeing how she responds to the treatment.”
Vonn was hoping to return to World Cup action next week as the circuit visits Beaver Creek, Colo., not far from Vonn’s home in Vail. Her appearance there looks unlikely, but the bigger question is: Will she be ready for the Olympics, which begin Feb. 6?
– Tiger Not Supporting Lindsey at Sochi?
– Tiger Woods, Lindsey Vonn Enjoy Some Football in Denver
– Lindsey Vonn Credits Tiger Woods in her Comeback
– Tiger Woods Skis With Lindsey Vonn in Colorado
– Lindsey Vonn: Tiger Woods is ‘Dorky-Goofy’
– Lindsey Vonn Talks Tiger, Skiing on ‘Letterman’
– ESPN Co-Hosts Dress as Tiger Woods, Lindsey Vonn
– Tiger Woods Confirms Relationship With Lindsey Vonn