Patrick Reed has had a controversial year in 2014. After stating that he feels he was one of the top five players in the world earlier this year, the U.S. Ryder Cup team rookie may have more enemies than friends when it comes to golf fans.
That was never more clear Sunday with what Reed experienced on the first tee of his singles match against Henrik Stenson.
The folks at Golf Central Daily captured the incident on video:
Yep, that’s some jerk asking Reed if he’s “practiced his putting.” It’s a clear shot referencing Reed’s struggles during Saturday’s matches.
So, how did Reed respond? After making a clutch birdie putt to halve the seventh hole against Henrik Stenson, he, welp:
More Ryder Cup Links:
– Ryder Cup Notebook: Mickelson’s Last Stand? High Heels On The Course?
– Did We Just Witness Greatest Ryder Cup Match Ever?
– O Captain! Ryder Cup Captains Can Make A Difference
– Best Moments From Day 1 At The Ryder Cup
– 2014 Ryder Cup: Day 1 Studs & Duds
– Butt Slaps & Man Hugs: Ryder Cup Day 1 on Social Media
– Lost In Translation: How To Decipher What The Scottish Are Saying
– Remembering the ‘Draw in the Dunes’ at the 1969 Ryder Cup
– Spectators Paying The Price For Attending Ryder Cup
– Rory McIlroy Playing New Nike Vapor Driver at Ryder Cup
– Ryder Cup Notebook: Gleneagles Filled To The Brim
– Michael Jordan Is Back At The Ryder Cup
– Ryder Cup Atmosphere At Gleneagles Is Deafening
– Ryder Cup Odds: Underdog Americans Worth A Wager
– These Guys Are Good: Just 1 European Has Losing Ryder Cup Record
– Let Me Take A Selfie: Ryder Cup Stars Join In On Craze
– Slice of Bacon: The Ryder Cup Is Upon Us
– Show Me The Money: Ryder Cup Has Become Golf’s Biggest Event
– A Brief But Glorious History Of Rickie Fowler Photobombs
– Ryder Cup Pairings And Results
– Ryder Cup Notebook: Americans Finding Plenty Of Incentive To Win
– Tournament Hole Of The Week: Ryder Cup
– Ryder Cup By The Numbers: More Than 15 Miles of Rope and More
– Ryder Cup Ticket Prices Soaring On Secondary Market
– Phil Snags Wounded Warrior’s Phone, Takes Super Selfie
– U.S. Team Room Is Jaw-Droppingly Awesome
– Who Wore Velvet Best: Team Europe Or Pop Stars?
– Comeback King: Phil Mickelson Retorts ‘Suck On That’
– Sir Alex Ferguson Called On To Inspire Team Europe
– Phil’s on Fire: Confirms Keegan Pairing, Takes Shot At Team Europe
– Inside The Ropes: Ryder Cup Twitter Roundup
– 5 Things You Need To Know: Ryder Cup At Gleneagles
– Ryder Cup Rookies: Spieth, Reed, Walker Debut For U.S.
– The Odds: Ryder Cup Odds & Props Offer Plenty Of Options
– 3 Things You’ll See At The Ryder Cup This Week
– Ryder Cup Rookies: Dubuisson, Donaldson, Gallacher Debut For Europe
– Best Crowd Moments In Ryder Cup History
– Golf Manufacturers Showcase Ryder Cup-Inspired Gear
– 11 Most Memorable Ryder Cup Moments
– 5 Players Team Europe Needs To Play Well At Ryder Cup
– 5 Players The U.S. Needs To Play Well At Ryder Cup
– Fans Now Encouraged To Use Social Media At Ryder Cup
– Team USA Ryder Cup Posters Will Get You Pumped
– Rory McIlroy on Keegan Bradley & Ian Poulter: ‘They’re Both Nuts’
– ‘Screw You’: Ian Poulter Trash Talks Michael Jordan… In His Head
– One American’s Tribute to Ryder Cup Legend/Nightmare Ian Poulter
– TaylorMade Inks European Ryder Cup Player Jamie Donaldson
– Harrington, Jimenez, Olazabal Named Ryder Cup Vice Captains
– Sergio Garcia Disappointed Luke Donald Not on Ryder Cup Team
– Ralph Lauren Unveils U.S. Ryder Cup Team Uniforms
– Bradley, Mahan, Simpson Named U.S. Ryder Cup Captain’s Picks
– Gallacher, Poulter, Westwood Complete European Ryder Cup Team