Most holes-in-one don’t come with any sort of prize — other than an overwhelming sense of accomplishment and an amazing story you can tell your friends and family at gatherings for the the rest of your life. Some, however, do come with a prize, such as a car or even a trip to space. Then there’s this… which has no monetary value, just one hell of a memory.
Mike Colb, a MetLife rep, stepped onto the 17th tee at TPC Sawgrass with a pair of PGA Tour eyes watching his shot to the daunting island green. Those peepers belonged to Jim Furyk, a 16-time winner on the PGA Tour.
After introducing himself as “Jim Furyk” to Furyk, Colb stepped up and hit the shot of his life. Not only did he hit the green, he drained it for a hole-in-one.
Talk about the greatest memory ever. I believe I counted three high-fives from Furyk, which is absolutely awesome. Not to mention the guy yelling “Who’s your caddie!?” And the icing on the cake is his reaction was caught on video for us all to enjoy.
Truly a moment Mike Colb will never forget.
Other Hot Links:
– The Fringe: Dustin Johnson Files Embezzlement Lawsuit & More
– Justin Timberlake Sells Mirimichi Golf Course
– Lucky 13: Miguel Angel Jimenez Records 13 On Par-4
– The Clubhouse: Suzy Whaley Talks PGA Jr. League National Championship
– The Clubhouse: Singer/Songwriter Jennifer Wayne
– Jamie Sadlowski Drives A Ball 265 Yards Out Of The Box… Literally
– All Shook Up: Scary Good Halloween Drinks
– Another Week, Another Ace, Another Car For LPGA’s Danielle Kang
– Driving Range: Car Gets Pelted At TopGolf in Houston
– 9 Best Golf-Themed Pumpkin Carvings