Call me crazy, call me paranoid, but is it a coincidence that Caroline Wozniacki changed her Twitter profile picture to one of her stirring a witch’s caldron just hours before Rory McIlroy posted a 43 on his first nine at Muirfield Village on Friday? I think not.
A little more than a week removed from their shocking split, McIlroy seems like he has readjusted to the single life a little easier than the spurned ex-fiancee, collecting a win at the BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth last week, and then posting an opening-round 63 at the Memorial. Wozniacki, on the other hand, got bounced in the first round at the French Open just days after the breakup.
Look, I’m not saying that Wozniacki cast a spell on her ex-boo, but I am saying that, well … you never know. Rory goes from shooting 63 for 18 holes to shooting 43 on just nine of them literally moments after she changes her profile picture to that of a spell-casting witch?
He double-bogeyed 13 …
And 14 …
And 15 …
Smells fishy to me.
Related Links: Video – Rory McIlroy ‘Twerked’ on the 7th Hole
Other Hot Links:
– Rory Breaks Off Engagement | Photos: Wozzilroy
– Rory McIlroy & Caroline Wozniacki Relationship Timeline
– Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy Have Mixed Feelings About Twitter
– Rory McIlroy Discusses Distractions From Tough Year
– Rory McIlroy’s Old Irish Mansion to Become Wedding Venue
– The Year of Rory McIlroy in Commercials
– Rory McIlroy’s New Look, Nice Digs
– Top 9 Rory McIlroy Moments
– Rory Talks Trash to a Robot
– Rory McIlroy Does His Best Rocky Impression
– Rory McIlroy Meets Will Smith, a.k.a. “Fresh Prince”
– Rory McIlroy Battles Wayne Rooney in Nike Commercial
– Will Ferrell Gets Rory McIlroy Into ‘Anchorman 2’ Premiere