Rory McIlroy made one of the most unconventional pars you’ll ever see on the 14th hole at the Tour Championship on Friday. His tee shot found the trees and landed in an unfamiliar spot: a fan’s pocket.
Check out McIlroy’s exchange with the fan:
McIlroy would go on to make par (and a new friend?) on the hole, after giving the fan a somewhat awkward high-five handshake-type thing.
After his round, McIlroy explained whether or not he had to take the ball out of the fan’s pocket. (Hint: he made a wise decision)
“No, the fan took it out of his pocket,” He said. “I know how sweaty my pockets are right now. I wasn’t going in there.”
Two holes prior, McIlroy drilled the flagstick en route to a birdie. An interesting few holes to say the least.
Other Hot Links:
– Rory McIlroy Has Said Meaner Things Right To Tiger Woods’ Face
– Callaway Apex MB, UT Irons Designed For the Better Player
– Sun Mountain Helps You Celebrate College Football in Style
– 10 Million Reasons Billy Horschel Might Miss The Birth Of His Child
– The Fringe: Michelle Wie Withdraws & Rory McIlroy Backpedals
– Obama Can’t Find Tee Time, Trump Offers Help On One Condition
– Dustin Johnson Tells Wayne Gretzky He’ll Be ‘More Responsible Person’
– A New Hairdo and Some Hair Don’ts For Ian Poulter
– Grin and Bear It: Cub Has A Blast With A Flagstick