Phil Mickelson gave us a great candidate for shot of the year from the Scottish Open on Thursday. His tee shot on the 13th hole came to rest on the cart path, and rather than taking a free drop, Mickelson decided to play it from the pavement. And he played it well.
Not only did Lefty make perfect contact, but he spun it a lot on the green. Talk about degree of difficulty. He went on to make the birdie putt, because that’s just what he does.
That’s two incredible wedge shots within a few days, with the first being his over-the-head flop shot.
Which is more impressive? I’d have to lean towards the birdie off the cart path.
Related Link: Phil Mickelson Flops Again
Other Hot Links:
– Back9Network Launches On DIRECTV Sept. 29
– Parnevik Survives Mountain Climbing, Breaks Rib on a Segway
– Instagram: Best of Nadia Forde
– 15 Years Later: Jean Van de Velde’s Collapse at Carnoustie
– Phil Mickelson Flops Again
– Is Rory McIlroy Dating A Model?
– Factory Worker Qualifies For The Open With Borrowed Clubs
– The Dufners Had A Better Fourth of July Than You