Want another reason to like Tiger Woods?
Commenting on a policy by Mission Hills Shenzhen – which is a part of the same group as Mission Hills Haikou, where he and Rory McIlroy played a one-on-one exhibition match late last year – in which anyone under the age of 16 can play the par-3 Zhang Lian Wei course for free, Woods has urged other venues around the world to adopt the same policy.
“I think it should be duplicated around the world,” Woods told reporters. “It’s definitely a model that people should be looking at.”
“Junior golf development has always been a central pillar of our strategy,” said Tenniel Chu, vice president of Mission Hills Group. “We very much hope that this will benefit junior golf development right across the region as people increasingly see China as a top golfing destination for junior development tournaments and golf leisure.”
As readers of the Back9Network are well aware, changing the way golf is played so more people can enjoy it is something we strongly support. It seems that Woods is on the same wavelength, which is absolutely no surprise.
Hey Tiger; we’ve definitely got your back on this one.
Related Links: Rory McIlroy Edges Tiger Woods in Match at Mission Hills
Other “Match at Mission Hills” Links:
– Tiger, Rory and Ahmad Uncensored at Mission Hills (Video)
– Rory McIlroy Edges Tiger Woods in Match at Mission Hills
– Tiger-Rory-Ahmad Banter (Video): Part 1 | Part 2
– Ahmad Rashad on Tiger and Rory’s Rematch in China (Video)
– Behind-the-Scenes of Back9’s Tiger-Rory Promo (Video)
– Tiger vs. Rory: Swing Comparison (Video)
– Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy Prepare Differently for ‘The Match’
– Mission Hills: The Blackstone Course
– Mission Hills Haikou the Product of ‘Mr. Golf’
– Behind-the-Scenes of Back9’s Tiger-Rory Promo
– Dammit Tiger, Curse Away!