We are committed to protecting your privacy and using any personal information you provide responsibly. We believe it is important for you to understand what information we collect from you, how it is used and who will have access to that information.
The information we collect from you allows you to visit and/or log into our Sites and use our Service. We also use this information to personalize and continually improve our Sites and Service.
When you visit our Sites, we collect and store non-personally identifiable information such as: the name of the domain from which you access the Internet, the date and time you access our Sites, and the Internet address of the website from which you linked to our Sites.
We collect Device and Usage Information from your mobile device, that includes but is not limited to the following:
- Information specific to your mobile device (e.g., make, model, operating system, advertising identifier and similar information)
- Information about your use of features, functions, or notifications on the device
- Signal strength relating to WiFi or Bluetooth functionality, temperature, battery level, and similar technical data
- Android Users: Users of the Android operating system will also have information collected regarding the installed applications on your device. This information will be used to provide advertisements that are better suited to your interests.
We may collect this information even if you are not logged in to the Application.
When you add or edit a golf course using our Sites, we will ask for your email address.
When you register with us through the Application or Sites to become a registered User, we will ask you for certain information about you that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Information"). Personal Information may include, but is not limited to:
- Your first and last name
- Your email address and your desired password
- Your gender
- Your subscription preferences (whether and what types of information you would like us to send you)
We use your Personal Information to provide the Service and enhance the experience of using the Application. For example:
- Account registration. We create your User account for your use of the Sites and Application based upon the Personal Information you provide.
- We use your Personal Information to contact you with Swing by Swing newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or update your "preferences" information in your account settings.
- Customer service. We use your Personal Information to respond to your questions or inquiries.
We allow third-party companies to collect certain information when you visit our web sites. These companies may collect data directly through email, utilize cookies, pixels or other technologies to collect and use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., hashed data, click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies may also collect and share device IDs with third parties and partners may use it for unaffiliated advertising purposes. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit the websites of the Digital Advertising Alliance at: www.aboutads.info and Networking Advertising Initiative at http://www.networkadvertising.org/about-nai/about-nai.
Cookies allow a web server to transfer data to a computer for recordkeeping and other purposes. We may use "cookies" on our Sites to, among other things, better serve you with tailored information and facilitate your ongoing access to and use of the Sites and Application. There are two types of cookies: session-based and persistent cookies.
Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged in to the Sites. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Sites.
Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to save your login information for future logins to the Service.
You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all of the functionality of the Service.
Your Location Information
When searching for golf courses on our site or on our mobile application, your location information may be sent to our servers in order to provide you with the golf courses nearest you. Your location information may also be used for analytics purposes to help us understand where people are using our application.
We collect certain information from your mobile device, including but not limited to the following:
- Location Information that allows us to periodically determine your location, which may include your location relative to and within third party merchant locations.
We may collect this information even if you are not logged in to the Application.
For iOS: You should be able to adjust the settings on your iOS mobile device to prevent our collection of Location Information by disabling the location services feature on your device*.
For Android: You should be able to adjust your settings on your Android mobile device to prevent our collection of Location Information be disabling Bluetooth and Location*.
* Please Note: with location services disabled your GPS will probably not work and the Application will be unable to provide distances.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services and for other customer service purposes
- To provide information that you have requested to receive from us in response to your opt-in requests
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Sites or our Service
- To improve our Sites and Service by providing personalized experiences, location customization, personalized help and instructions
- For research purposes
- For marketing and advertising purposes; for example, we may use your information to display targeted advertisements to you on our Sites and to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites
- To send you email, news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions
- To better understand how users access and use our Sites and Service, both on an aggregated and individualized basis
- User posted content may be reused by us to aggregate data about a particular activity or location and include it in consolidated formats.
- Provide you with information when you enter participating local venues
When and How Do We Share Your Information?
We may share your information, including personally identifiable information, with other Swing by Swing Golf users and non-affiliated and affiliated third parties.
Users of Sites or Service
- We may allow other users to see your display name or nickname when you post golf rounds.
- We may allow other users to see your profile photo.
- We may allow other users to see your golf scores (you may opt out of this).
We share the information we collect with third-party business partners who commit to comply with applicable laws concerning their usage of the information. Our third-party business partners may share the information with their own third party business partners and use the information either for themselves or on behalf of their own business partners to:
- Operate and improve their services
- Provide you with advertisements and information for products and services in this app or on other apps or websites based on variables such as your location, and assess your level of engagement with them
- Carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent
We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. For example, these providers may help us administer or maintain our Sites and Application. These third parties have agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of information, and to only use such information for the purposes for which they have been engaged by us.
We may transfer the information we have collected from you in the event we sell, divest, transfer, assign, share or otherwise engage in a transaction that involves, some or all of our assets, including any or all of the information described in this Policy, in the course of a corporate divestiture, merger, acquisition, joint venture, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or any other similar transaction or proceeding.
In Response to Legal Process
We, in our sole discretion, may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
To Protect Active and Others
Aggregate and Non-identifying Information
We may share aggregate or non-identifying information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes. For example, if we display advertisements on behalf of a third party, we may share aggregate, demographic information with that third party about the users to whom we displayed the advertisements.
We work with third party service providers who use the technologies described in this section to conduct website analytics to help us track and understand how visitors use our Sites. For example, we use a variety of third party web analytics, to help us improve our Site's performance and user experience.
All questions and concerns about your privacy can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last modified: December 8, 2016